The British sailor has confirmed her pre-registration for the Barcelona World Race 2018/19 teaming up with French yachtsman Tanguy de Lamotte. The exceptional duo join the list of 15 teams who have also announced entries for the double-handed round the world regatta in 2018/19.
- Samantha Davies y Tanguy de Lamotte, proa a Barcelona
- A new era for the Barcelona World Race!
- Arnaud Boissières, heads for first Barcelona World Race
- New format Barcelona World Race to be unveiled
- The Barcelona World Race in leading role at IMOCA General Assembly
- Ya piensan en la Barcelona World Race
- Jacques Caraës vuelve a la Dirección de Regata
The Barcelona World Race unveiled its new format to the sailing community today, a format which opens up horizons for the expansion of the IMOCA fleet. This edition has some exciting new ingredients: two legs, Barcelona-Sydney-Barcelona and an option to substitute the co-skipper. The fourth edition of the Barcelona World Race has already received an enthusiastic response from skippers. 16 teams have added the regatta to their racing calendar.
Following a third Vendée Globe, the French skipper has announced his pre-registration for Barcelona’s round the world challenge
The fourth edition of the round the world regatta, starting and finishing in Barcelona is in preparation, packed full of new sporting and organisational features, including a format change with a stopover in Sydney and a new Regatta Control Centre in Barcelona.